|We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/index.html
Federal Courts Bulletin
Drake v. Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (Sovereign Immunity)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.4957 – To amend the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- America’s quiet legacy of Native American voter disenfranchisement: Prospects for change in North Dakota after Brakebill v. Jaeger.
This week, in brief:
- Native American leaders say Keystone spill highlights the need to oppose Dakota Access Expansion, Keystone XL
- An Inuit approach to cancer care promotes self-determination and reconciliation
- Uprooted: The 1950’s plan to erase Indian Country
- House OKs permanent ban on mining 1 million acres around Grand Canyon
- Snoqualmie Tribe buys ancestral Snoqualmie Falls from Muckleshoot for $125 million
- Nevada tribes slam state for scrubbing native history document from web
- Indian student count finally being updated for the modern era