The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 1/22/19.
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petitions for certiorari were filed recently in:
- Sally Jim v. United States (Federal Taxation)
- Miccosukee Tribe of Indians v. United States (Federal Taxation; Tribal General Welfare Exclusion Act)
- Casino Pauma v. National Labor Relations Board (National Labor Relations Act; Employment Law)
- McNeal, et ux. v. Navajo Nation (Jurisdiction; Torts)
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, et al. v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al. (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Davilla v. Enable Midstream Partners L.P. (Easements; Trespass)
Koi Nation of Northern California v. United States of the Interior (Gaming – Restored Lands)
In the Health & Welfare section, we feature articles relating to support for the Indian Child Welfare Act.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
- H.R.558: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to establish a demonstration program to adapt the successful practices of providing foreign aid to underdeveloped economies to the provision of Federal economic development assistance to Native communities in similarly situated remote areas in the United States, and for other purposes.
- H.R.453: To take certain Federal lands in Tennessee into trust for the benefit of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, and for other purposes.
- H.R.644: To approve the settlement of the water rights claims of the Navajo Nation in Utah, and for other purposes.