Crowe & Dunlevy, one of Oklahoma’s largest law firms with offices in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, seeks an attorney with 5-9 years of experience to assist in serving clients and managing and expanding our Indian Law & Gaming practice group. The firm’s Indian Law & Gaming practice group serves numerous tribal governments and their entities and organizations, as well as international gaming companies. Our dedicated service to tribal clients include general counsel, consultation attorney general, prosecution, transactional matters, economic development, gaming regulation, compact negotiation, energy environmental law, intellectual property, and financing, in many forums including the courts and agencies of tribes, states, the federal government, and foreign and international governments. Crowe & Dunlevy seeks an outstanding qualified lawyer for the Tulsa office.
- Assisting and managing case load transactions and ongoing matters;
- Mentoring and supervising junior lawyers and support staff;
- Engaging in negotiating and concluding large financial transactions and contracts;
- Counseling and representation in tribal corporate law and tribal government;
- Providing counsel in economic development, business and corporate law;
- Advising tribal governments and their agencies on tribal gaming and gaming regulation issues; and
- Litigation in state, federal and tribal arenas.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school, with a preferred emphasis in Federal Indian Law;
- Status as an active member in good standing of a bar association of at least one state jurisdiction and an ability and willingness to obtain licensure in Oklahoma and various tribal courts;
- Minimum of 5-9 years of experience as an associate attorney (or agency or government equivalent) in demanding and high quality practice setting;
- Demonstrated cultural familiarity, respect and experience in representing tribes, tribal governments and those doing business with tribes and demonstrated experience in establishing trusted relationships with tribes, tribal government and tribal business organizations;
- Excellent analytical, research and writing abilities;
- Outstanding academic performance, clerkships and/or law review or similar experience;
- Proven communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills, superior interpersonal skills and proven record of maintaining a positive attitude as well as solving problems; and
- Exercise a high degree of working independently, leadership within a team in a fast paced practice group and large law firm.
Crowe & Dunlevy offers the ideal candidate a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, contribution to 401k, excellent benefits and superior support staff and technical and logistical support.
Send your resume/curriculum vitae, cover letter with salary requirements, several writing samples, law school transcripts and five references to Lisa Rose, Director of Human Resources, Braniff Building, 324 N. Robinson, Suite 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73102; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone (405) 235-7777.
This position will have the potential to lead to shareholder membership within the firm based upon experience and performance. Applications for this position will be accepted until February 15, 2015, although the position may be filled prior to that date with the right candidate.