The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 7/18/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Navajo Nation v. San Juan County (Voting Rights; Districts)
Watso v. Lourey, et al. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the Senate:
S.2071 – A bill to repeal certain obsolete laws relating to Indians
S.886 – Indian Water Rights Settlement Extension Act
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Aging in harmony: Creating culturally appropriate systems of health care for aging American Indians/Alaska Natives.
- Enough is enough: Ten years of Carcieri v. Salazar.
This week, in brief:
- Cherokee citizen Tyler Fish hired to work on Indian issues at White House.
- Senate passes bills on Indian economic development and self-governance.
- Oglala Sioux Tribe legalizes same-sex marriage.