The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 7/25/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Moody v. United States (Agricultural Leases)
Johnson v. Oneida Nation Enterprise, LLC (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the House:
H.R.3916 – To provide for a study on the protection of Native American seeds and traditional foods, and for other purposes.
H.R.3846 – Safeguard Tribal Objects of Patrimony Act of 2019
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- “That Chuitt River is Ours”: Traditional cultural landscapes and the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Tribal sovereignty and online gaming: Fantasy sports offer tribes what other games do not.
This week, in brief:
- Tribes in Texas take a big step forward for their inherent sovereignty
- Wisconsin tribe sues Enbridge to force Line 5 pipeline removal
- Tester secures $2.8 million for Confederated Salish and Kootenai head start programs
- The subversive nature of Indigenous art