The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 8/7/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Brakebill v. Jaeger (Voting Rights)
Bell v. City of Lacey (Sovereign Immunity; Ex parte Young)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the House:
- H.R.3977 – To amend the Indian Civil Rights Act of 1968 to extend the jurisdiction of tribal courts to cover crimes involving sexual violence, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4029 – To amend the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act to enable Indian Tribes and tribally designated housing entities to apply for, receive, and administer grants and subgrants under the Continuum of Care Program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Tribes, cities, and children: Emerging voices in environmental litigation.
- Unoccupied: How a single word affects Wyoming’s ability to regulate tribal hunting through federal treaty; Herrera v. Wyoming.
This week, in brief:
- ACLU to hire S.D.-based Native justice organizer following pipeline protest laws
- Lakota tribal leaders request public hearing on Dakota Access Pipeline expansion
- More 2020 presidential candidates line up for historic Native issues forum
- Cronkite News: Tribes win ruling against copper mine on ancestral territory