The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 8/28/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Navajo Nation v. Department of the Interior (Indian Water Rights; Federal Trust Relationship)
Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians v. Whitmer (Treaty Rights; Reservation Diminishment)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the House:
H.R.4188 – Native American Language Vitalization Act
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- VAWA Reauthorization Act of 2013 and the continued legacy of violence against Indigenous women: A critical outsider jurisprudence perspective.
- Michigan marijuana laws: Michigan tribes can participate, but how?
- Partially tribal land: The case for limiting state eminent domain power under 25 USC 357.
This week, in brief:
- U’s medical school in Duluth welcomes record number of Native students
- Keystone Pipeline’s alternate route gets the go-ahead from Nebraska court
- Wyoming lawmakers propose fix to allow tribal IDs for voter registration
- Cherokee Nation picks representative for Congress, promised by US government nearly 200 years ago
- New program gives remote Native American tribes greater access to affordable electric vehicles