We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/index.html
State Courts Bulletin
Cayuga Nation v. Campbell (Tribal Leadership)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
- S.2696 – A bill to amend the Older Americans Act of 1965 to expand supportive services for Native American aging programs, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4908 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to prohibit the collection of a health care copayment by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from a veteran who is a member of an Indian tribe.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Decolonizing reservation economies: Returning to private enterprise and trade.
- Answering constitutional challenges to the tribal VAWA provisions.
- Beyond constitutional frontiers: Tribal rights, resources, and reform.
This week, in brief:
- Indian Country Today joins the Associated Press
- Consulting with Native American tribes on energy and infrastructure development: Strategies for reducing project risk
- ‘This is our time’: National Congress of American Indians elects new leadership
- The fix for Alaska’s public safety crisis? Recognize tribal powers
- New Mexico Native American tribe building solar farms amid state’s renewable transition
- ‘We are closely related to fire. Fire takes care of us and we take care of fire.’
- Niijii Radio rises ‘out of the ashes’ to serve White Earth Nation, nearby communities