|We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petition for certiorari was filed in this case on 12/23/19:
McMahon v. Chemehuevi Indian Tribe (Reservation Diminishment)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Narragansett Indian Tribe v. Hendrickson (National Historic Preservation Act)
Big Horn County Electric Cooperative, Inc. v. Big Man (Sovereign Immunity)
Eglise Baptiste Bethanie de St. Lauderdale, Inc. v. Seminole Tribe of Florida (Sovereign Immunity)
State Courts Bulletin
The People in the Interest of S.B. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
Martell v. Fort Peck Tribes (Court Procedure)
Moon v. Hoopa Valley Tribe (Employee Termination)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Aboriginal rights and constitutional conflict: The Marshall court, state federal and sovereignty and Native American rights under the 1789 constitution.
- Nothing is over: FTCA claims for toxic torts on Native lands.
- Green means go: Tribes rush to regulate cannabis in Indian Country.
- Waived: The detrimental implications of U.S. immigration and border security measures on southern border tribes–an analysis of the impact of President Trump’s border wall on the Tohono O’odham Nation.
This week, in brief:
- New Muscogee (Creek) Nation leaders take office
- Indigenous song keepers reveal traditional ecological knowledge in music
- Native Americans fight historical discrimination to lower diabetes, obesity rates
- South Dakota state of the tribes speech is like ‘trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube’
- Open letter on Mauna Kea by Violet Pohakuku’i’ai Lui
- Montana extends Spring Creek Mine permit, questions over tribal immunity remain
- Why are Diné LGBTQ+ and Two Spirit people being denied access to ceremony?
- Letter to the editor: Stitt’s attack on tribes follow the Trail of Tears pattern