We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at https://narf.org/nill/bulletins/
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
A petition for certiorari was filed in one case on 5/28/21:
- Phillips, et al. v. Oneida Indian Nation (Indian Taxation)
A petition for certiorari was denied in one case on 6/7/21:
- Seneca County v. Cayuga Indian Nation of New York (Indian Taxation; Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Ohlsen v. United States (FTCA)
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians v. Crosby (RICO Act)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re N.R. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- In defense of the Indian Commerce Clause.
- The time is now for the IACHR to address climate action as a human right: Indigenous communities can lead (again).
- Unqualified? Investing in qualified opportunity zones on reservations.
- Beyond a sliver of a full moon: Acknowledging and abolishing white bias to restore safety and sovereignty to Indian Country.
This week, in brief:
- Lakota victory: Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe celebrates denial of Noem’s fireworks fiasco
- Cherokee Nation files 1,000th case in tribal court since McGirt ruling
- ND activists: Lack of tribal inclusion in redistricting runs deep
- Tackling tribal connectivity: NAU scientist Vigil-Hayes developing broadband solutions for rural areas
- NCAI weighs in on discovery of remains of 215 children at Indian residential school in Canada
- Pipeline workers are scaring Indigenous elders away from their own lands
- Native American mascots could be banned from Colorado schools by October
- IU works with Native American tribes on new measures to strengthen partnership
- Wyoming tribes take over full ownership of oil and gas field
- Native Americans most likely to die from police shootings, families who lost loved ones weigh in
- Two-spirit pride stories