The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 10/24/18.
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petition for certiorari was denied in:
Citizen Potawatomi Nation v. Oklahoma (Arbitration and Award)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Frankly my dear, I don’t want a dam: Refocusing dam removal priorities to protect endangered salmon now.
- The shifting landscape of ancestral lands: Tribal gathering of traditional plants in national parks.
- Taking it to the bank: Creating a new constitutional standard and using blue carbon banking to compensate the Miccosukee Tribe for the federal ‘taking’ of their tribal lands.
- Seminal choices: The definition of ‘Indian child’ in a time of assisted reproductive techonology.
- Historical perspectives & reflections on Matal v. Tam and the future of offensive trademarks.
- Tribal renewable energy service companies, part 3.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona Inc. v. United States (Federal Fiduciary Duty)
Northern Natural Gas Company v. 80 Acres of Land in Thurston County (Rights-of-Way)
Wilhite v. Awe Kualawaache Care Center (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
Guardado v. State of Nevada (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
State Courts Bulletin
Matter of L.A.G. (Indian Child Welfare Act – Application of)
Demetria H. v. State (Indian Child Welfare Act – Termination of Parental Rights)
In re A.S. (Tribal Customary Adoption)
In the Intergovernmental section, we feature an article relating to increased support for tribal policing.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
H.R.7034: Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas Water Rights Settlement Agreement Act.
H.R.7075: Native American and Native Hawaiian Cultural Heritage Protection Act of 2018.
We feature a notice of the US Commission on Civil Rights Alaska Advisory Committee meeting.