The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 7/10/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Rosebud Sioux Tribe v. Department of Health and Human Services (Indian Health Care Improvement Act)
Williams v. Big Picture Loans, LLC (Sovereign Immunity)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Beyond an emergency declaration: Tribal governments and the opioid crisis.
- ‘Race, racism, and American law’: A seminar from the Indigenous, Black, and Immigrant legal perspectives.
- Texas Indian holocaust and survival: McAllen Grace Brethren Church v. Salazar.
This week, in brief:
- Upcoming House subcomittee hearing on several Indian Country bills
- Tracking the 2020 Census
- Bipartisan bill to reinstate grants for Native American language programs passes the Senate
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the Senate:
S.2307 – Building Indigenous STEM Professionals Act
S.1977 – Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas Water Rights Settlement Act