The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 8/14/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Brackeen v. Bernhardt (Indian Child Welfare Act)
United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians v. FCC (National Historic Preservation Act)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Tribal nations and Congress’s power to define offenses against the law of nations.
- On Indian children and the Fifth Amendment.
This week, in brief:
- First in the family: How a first-gen Blackfeet student finds success at UM
- Tribal communities in Michigan use traditional knowledge to tackle modern public health crisis
- Hopi Tribe takes over law enforcement from federal agency
- High court Murphy decision could have major impact on state, tribal authority