|The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 9/25/19.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Pit River Tribe v. Bureau of Land Management (Fiduciary Trust; Geothermal Steam Act)
Dakota Rural Action v. Noem (Keystone XL Pipeline)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the House and the Senate:
H.R.4449 – To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to add access to telecommunications and information services in Indian country
S.2534 – A bill to amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act
S.2541 – A bill to amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- ICWA and the unwed father.
- Native American religious freedom as a collective right.
- Judge Murphy’s Indian law legacy.
- Not all Agua is Caliente: Proposing the Winters groundwater test.
This week, in brief:
- ‘It has been a long time coming’: Minnesota MMIW Task Force to hold first meeting
- Tribal Coastal Resiliency Act inches forward on Capitol Hill
- United Methodist Church gives historic mission site and land back to Wyandotte Nation
- Grant-funded Native American treatment court produces first graduates in Great Falls
- Ponca Chief Standing Bear completes one last journey of triumph
- New Mexico delegation announces funding for Native libraries