|We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petitions for certiorari were denied in two cases on 6/22/20:
Baley v. United States (Endangered Species Act; Water Rights)
Cherokee Nation v. Bernhardt (Reservation Boundaries)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Western Watersheds Project v. Bernhardt (Endangered Species Act; National Forest Management Act)
State Courts Bulletin
New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency v. K.L.B. and C.J. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation – 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7263 – To repeal the eighth proviso under Operation of Indian Programs of 1998 to restore Tribal sovereignty.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The canary in the coalmine–The tragic history of the U.S. government’s policies toward Native peoples.
- Murphy v. NCAA and the legalization of sports betting in states and Indian Country.
- Piliʻōlelo: E Ahona Kānaka I Ke O‘a Kānāwai.
This week, in brief:
- Little Shell nationhood passes six month mark
- The power of California’s Native American youth in the 2020 Census
- AZ tribes sue federal government over water quality rules
- Supreme Court winds down unusual term with tribal sovereignty case on docket
- Mishigamiing Journalism Project starts at Record-Eagle
- Blackfeet film takes home an Emmy
- Northern Arapaho woman beings campaign for state’s sole U.S. House seat
- Why I removed Confederate monuments from the Cherokee Capitol Grounds
- Your road trip is not more important than Indian Country