Job vacancies are posted on Friday. Additional announcements may appear throughout the week. If you would like your Indian law or leadership job posted on Turtle Talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Council Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska
Healing to Wellness Court Coordinator, Juneau, A.K. The tribal court is looking for a Healing to Wellness Court Coordinator to facilitate planning, development and implementation for the Juvenile Healing to Wellness Court program through the Central Council Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (T & H) Court system. The position pays $27.04-$34.48 per hour. Application deadline is March 30, 2018 at 4:30pm. Only accepting online applications. For questions contact Human Resources: email@example.com or call 907/463-7707.
Barnhouse Keegan Solimon & West LLP
Commercial Transactions Attorney, Albuquerque, N.M. Albuquerque firm focusing on federal Indian law representation is seeking an associate attorney with approximately 3 to 5 years’ training, experience and concentration in commercial transactions. Position requires substantial experience in commercial transactions, preferably in the areas of federal Indian law and tribal law. Applicants must be licensed in a state jurisdiction. Applicants must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate about serving Native American individuals, tribes, pueblos and their business enterprises. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, three references and a writing sample to Barnhouse Keegan Solimon & West LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morris K. Udall Scholarship & Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation
General Counsel, Tucson, A.Z. The General Counsel has primary responsibility for all legal affairs of the Morris K. and Stewart L. Udall Foundation, fulfilling traditional in-house counsel functions. The General Counsel reports directly to the Foundation Executive Director, and secondarily to the Chair of the Board of Trustees. The General Counsel provides legal services to the Board, the Executive Director, and all programs. Applications close April 16, 2018.
Project Administrator, Anchorage, A.K. Kadiak, LLC is looking for a Project Administrator to join its team in Anchorage, Alaska to work with project team in co-project management role to conduct Tribal Court Assessments for identified Alaska villages on behalf of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The team will conduct 15 tribal court assessments in Alaska each year. Kadiak offers competitive compensation an an extraordinary benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more. This position requires frequent travel to rural Alaska communities.
National Judicial College
Program Attorney, Reno, N.V. The National Judicial College seeks an experienced Program Attorney responsible for researching, designing and implementing continuing judicial education programs. Under direction of the Academic Director the Program Attorney will:
- Manage NJC’s Tribal Judicial Center including supervision of program manager.
- Research, design and implement curricula for in-person and web-based continuing judicial education programs.
- Identify and recruit judicial, medical, legal, and other professional faculty.
- Develop faculty, provide feedback on performance and presentation style.
- Edit faculty-provided material for accuracy and compliance with NJC standards.
- Analyze enrollment trends and promote NJC products through a wide array of marketing tactics to increase judicial participation.
- Lead manager/administrator team during all stages of course facilitation.
- Handle all logistics for off-site courses including direct contact with host site staff.
- Participate in grant concept papers and applications, including deliverable identification, budgeting time and expenditures, and project length. Ensures deliverables are met.
- Develop yearly program budgets.
- Assist in all areas of the Academic Department and special projects as required.
- Continually uphold the NJC values of maintaining an absolute commitment to justice, delivering and inspiring excellence and innovation in our work, championing integrity, and demonstrating engaged leadership.
- Depending on experience, position may be filled as a Senior Program Attorney or Tribal Program Attorney.
Navajo Nation (Previously posted on March 16, 2018)
Law Clerk-Intern, Window Rock, A.Z. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, transcript and a short (5-10 page) writing sample to Cherie Espinosa at email@example.com. Complete application packets must be received no later than 5 p.m. Mountain Time on Friday, April 20, 2018.
Last week’s postings: March 16, 2018